WE CAN HELP!
What Services Do We Offer?
TUTORING * TESTING * CONSULTATION * SUMMER PROGRAMS * CONTRACTED SERVICES
- Private one-on-one tutoring is offered in all major subjects and for many specialty needs. See below.
- Small group instruction and/or instruction for class credit can also be arranged.
- In addition to subject-specific help, we offer generalized "support to school work" tutoring/coaching. This can include review of study skills, focusing techniques and/or teacher-pleasing behaviors.
- Instruction designed to supplement/complement your home schooling plan ca be arranged.
- Credit for tutorial work in place of summer school can also be arranged with approval from your child's school.
- Tutoring specifically designed to strengthen those skills measured by such standardized achievement tests as the Terra-Nova and DSTP is also available.
Tutorials can take place at our central Learning Center, near your home, at your child's school, library or community center, or in your home.
Call to discuss your specific needs, and we will help you devise an
effective tutorial plan at reasonable cost.
Subject-specific tutoring includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Speed Plus Comprehension
- Adult Literacy
* Various research-based methodologies
- Written Expression
- Vocabulary Development
- Elementary Levels
- Intermediate Levels
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Integrated Math
- Intro. Physical Science
- Time Management
- Note Taking
- Test Taking
- Skill Strategies
- Resume Writing/Thesis Editing
- Speech Writing/Delivery
- Reports for School/Business
- English as a Second Language
- Basic Computer Support/Keyboarding
- For-Credit Instruction *
* with school approval
- Basic Skills
- GRE/PPST/Armed Services
- SSAT/High School Entrance
- PSAT/SAT I/SAT II
- State Standards/DSTP
SUMMER LEARNING CAMPS
- Readiness Playshop
- Break That Code
- Discovery Reading
- Playing with Numbers
- Math FUN-damentals
- Study Skills - Upper Elementary/Jr High/Sr High
- Spanish I Review
- Summer School Alternative & For Credit
Comprehensive diagnostic evaluations, planned to meet individual needs, are offered for students in grades Pre-K through early College. Included are tests of aptitude, readiness, basic skills achievement, and sensory perception and integration. Learning, attention control, and processing difficulties are identified and addressed. Less comprehensive test batteries are also available to determine more limited needs or to establish basic skill levels or school readiness.
- Educational Evaluations
- Intelligence (IQ) Testing
- Achievement Testing
- Learning Disability Documentation
- Dyslexia Documentation
- Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Screening
- Auditory Processing Screening
Public/Private/Parochial Schools * State Agencies * Community Programs
Contracted turn-key services are available to public school districts, charter, private, and parochial schools. Home schooling, parents, rehabilitation agencies and community colleges can and have also benefited from our services. Private or small-group tutoring, "extra time" remedial or enrichment programs, study skill programs, and homebound instruction, as well as Inservice presentations on a variety of educational topics can be planned and implemented. Private school admission testing can also be arranged, based on school requirements.
Help with school placement, college selection, special needs, and parent concerns. Second opinions.
- School Placement/Selection
- Special Education
- Parental Concerns
- Grade Placement/Retention Decisions
SUMMER LEARNING CAMPS
Our full menu of learning camps for students in kindergarten through high school is available in early spring of each year in both our summer brochure and on the Summer section of this Web site.
If you would like a brochure and a registration form call us at 302-655-6283 and we will put it in the mail to you or fax it to your home or office.